Friday, January 13, 2012

The Yeti is a Stubborn...

miserable child who takes after his mother father and revels in keeping me awake at night (not that I'm not already up most of the time suffering from enjoying insomnia.

Some of you may remember the battle we had with the baby torture device (if you haven't been reading that long, click here).  When I won this full on, two month long, civil war which pit mother against child - I felt as though I had just built the Great Wall of Motherhood.  People for generations to come would be able to see this from space.

Update, the Yeti has been sleeping peacefully in his torture device for a few weeks now.  Until this week.  We live in a very old New England farm house, whose insulation is lacking non-existent.  We do, however, have a brand new heating system in the house (installed this summer), whose operational status is questionable on a daily basis.  Its latest hiccup?  The heat in the baby's room is not working.  At all.  It is snot-freezing, penis-retreating, scrape the frost off the inside of the windows cold in there.

Not liking to sleep him in our bed with us (queen bed = too small for 2 humans, a cat, and a yeti) I decided to sleep on the couch with him the first night.  No deal.  He had fallen asleep initially, but then screamed for five hours, until I broke, literally put him in his winter outside clothes, and put him in his crib.  He smiled, and fell right asleep.  Devil Child.

Night two.  Get out the pack & play, place in living room.  Baby screams.  Bundle up devil child and place in crib again.  Smile.  Snore.

I've created a monster.

4 comments:

  1. My littlest is now 4 and he STILL wakes me up at night for silly things. I swear it's a conspiracy. His stuffed Clifford will fall out of his bed & instead of just getting it himself, he calls me to get it for him. GRR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I love the way you write, and I definitely like your term for crib. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 7 year old sleeps with me year round. In fact, I think the bed now belongs to her and I am her guest. I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babies do have minds of their own, don't they. Good thing they are so cute! We went the co-sleeping route (king size bed) and the whole fam slept like babies. We still do.

    Thanks for the follow-- happily returning it. Looking forward to reading more of your blog-- always great to meet new bloggy friends who see the 'funny' in everyday life.

    ReplyDelete