Monday, January 2, 2012

101 Goals in 1,001 Days


I have been inspired by Lil Mys Ninja to take the 101 goals in 1001 days.  So here, I will publicly post my list in addition to my New Year’s Resolutions.  I know there aren't 101 goals on here, but I'm still working on the list.  It's not as easy as it seems to come up with 101 goals!

Household:
Scrub out the fridge
Grow my own garden
Can my own veggies
Get a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
Try one new recipe a week
Hang some art in our apartment
Get my back room organized
Keep paperwork filed
Make a soufflé
Obtain at least one local food item per week
Make hard cider

Financial:
Improve my credit score.  Remember to pay my bills on time
Build our savings to 6 months worth of bills
Only use credit cards for emergencies
Keep my grocery bill under $200/month
Save money for a down payment on a house

Travel:
Disney
Mystic Seaport
Pennsylvania Dutch Country
Climb Mount Monadnock
Go camping
Go deep sea fishing
Go back to NYC
Take Red to a Yankees game
Go to a Bruins game
Go to a Patriots game

Blog:
Write in my blog at least 5 days a week
Get 500 followers on my blog
Find 2 new blogs a week to follow & support

Personal:
Get married
Start Sewing Again
Recycle more
Get a motorcycle
Parachute
Bungee jump
Dress to impress at least one day a week.  Look fabulous
Get an industrial piercing
Get the Yeti’s name tattooed on me

Educational:
Take a credit course from a college
Learn to knit
Learn to bake bread
Read one book per month
Learn to play an instrument, either pick up the piano again or learn the gee-tar
Learn more constellations
Learn a new vocabulary word every week
Complete 1 New York Times crossword puzzle
Relearn French

Professional Life:
Get a job that I love waking up for every day
Start my own small catering/baking company
Write a column for a newspaper
Create my own line of kitchen wear

Body/Fitness:
Run a 5k
Run a 10K
Jog at least 6 days a week
Lose 50 lbs
Brush & Floss every day, day and night
Complete 25 push ups
Complete a mud run or adventure race
Wash my face every day
Moisturize every day
Sunscreen every day
Hike on the Appalachian Trial
Drink 64 oz of water a day

Philanthropy:
Say thank you more often
Donate $100/year to a good cause
Donate all old clothes to charity
Donate 1 bag of groceries to Feed the Thousands
Donate Blood
Volunteer at least one hour per month

Family:
Read to my son every day
Have a date night with Red once a month, Yeti free
House train the Yeti



2 comments:

  1. You're off to a great start! Good luck and don't forget to post up your progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maria! So far I have already set up my recycling bins (and used them), paid of the small amount on my credit card and cleared up my remaining hospital bills (a rather long call to the insurance company), brushed AND flossed twice a day, started reorganizing the back room and donated all the old adult and baby clothing, started working sunscreen and moisturizing into my daily habit, drinking more water - it feels good to make some positive changes that I really think I can stick to.

    ReplyDelete